Today am reviewing:
Clairol – Herbal essences – hello hydration – Moisturizing conditioner for Dry/Damaged hair with a fusion of orchid and coconut milk
When I did my search on internet for drugstore hydrating conditioners that were good, this popped in few blogs. I have used a mild shampoo from herbal essences in my collage and it did work out for my hair well. I was shampooing quite often(Once in 2 days) that period and once in a week I would pack my hair with full oil overnight. That was all I did about my hair care and it was quite healthy then. So from a already used brand I thought I would try this out.
Below is my experience, info and thoughts about this product with pros and cons as usual.
Price: SGD $5 something I forgot exact price sorry and its around Rs.200 in India
Quantity: 300 ml
- Hydrates like it claims it would
- Good conditioner for the such affordable price
- Drugstore conditioner that addresses hydration. Hydration is lack of water and not oil but most conditioner provides slight oil which could look for the first day after shower but the next day hair will look weighed down and may become oily. (I am not sure if you get the picture of what am trying to say)
- Has chemicals
- Not suitable for scalp usage but the product description says to massage, so am not sure what they mean by that
- For some reason I develop slight dandruff if I don’t wash my hair with in 3 days after using this conditioner, that happens only with this product
Other Tips for this product:
- After using this bottle for half, I discovered a good way it works for me and this tip could help you a lot too. The tip is if there is a conditioner that works very well for your hair but not your scalp, then you could apply the conditioner before you take bath in dry hair itself or slightly spray some water and apply conditioner and let it sit for 15- 30 mins and wash it off with shampoo. No need to apply the conditioner after shampooing. It works girls! Just try, I don’t know how.
- Your hair should be without oil while doing the previous step (Scalp can have oil it doesn’t matter)
- Conditioner should be applied a lot away from scalp. If your hair is too short that it will come in contact with root, go for hair masque conditioners that is scalp friendly or go the natural way with egg/olive or coconut oil/yogurt or curd(There are more natural options, these are the ones I have tried so far).
About me repurchasing?: Not sure. May or may not.